Sunday, October 11, 2009

Therapeutic Horse Riding


I guess it's not just the noble canine that helps humans when they are sick.

I heard about some horses who do the same.

Horse riding is a partnership; both the horse and the rider have to work together. Horses are immense and powerful creatures yet they allow a person to get on its back and ride. Good for them.

I have a lot of little kids try to ride me but even at 100+ pounds. that doesn't work too well.

Pictures and more information on therapeutic horse riding.

Special Needs, Special Horses: A Guide to the Benefits of Therapeutic Riding (Practical Guide)

Horse the Handicapped, the Riding Team in a Therapeutic Riding Program: A Volunteer Training Manual

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ι beсаme inteгesting in reading this when I read the summаry, but I hadn't heard much about it, so I didn't add it too my Book Review list.
Anуway, after уouг revіew, I will be
sure to do so!